Wednesday 23 February 2011

Flatplan Evaluation: Contents Page.



This is my contents page I have created for my hip-hop magazine. Firstly, the background colour is the same as the front page because i wanted there to be a sense of continuity and also this is something that the magazines I researched had. The colour scheme of blue and black is a colour scheme I will carry out throughout all the pages because these are colours related to hip-hop and is something I noticed during my research. However there are two images with a white background because i wanted to bring some light to the contents page because i felt it would of been too dark and grim and white is not too much of a loud colour. The page numbers are red because that is another colour that is used but not as heavily as the black and blue. Red is another colour that is commonly used in hip-hop magazines.

The fonts used is again the same as the front cover to create a sense of continuity. The font used for the word 'contents' is the same as the front cover however it only looks different because it is vertically aligned instead of horizontally. I think that having it horizontal breaks up the page and gives it a different dynamic to what you usually see on contents pages. In my magazine research i noticed that 'Respect' magazine doesn't even have a clear contents page, therefore this is my way of breaking the norm of contents page layouts. The font used for the contents page titles will also be the same as the front cover because it is simple and easy to read. Italics have been used for the captions of the images as this is a common theme for magazines. 

I feel that the layout of the magazine is well laid-out because it does not look too cluttered. Something i noticed during my research was that hip-hop magazine contents pages are all chronologically ordered instead of scattered around like a pop magazine. Therefore i incorporated this in my contents page to create a sense of order and organisation. The contents page is split into two columns which makes it look neat and the images are placed at the bottom left and top right corners so that they are not so near each other and again looks neat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment